The Scanmachine subsea excavator transfers proven land-based technology to the seafloor.
Each of our machines are advanced construction excavators that have, through the addition of specialised control systems, been converted into cutting-edge ROVs. The machines, which vary in size but share the same effective functionality, are tailored to perform based on individual client scope, offering flexibility, power and precision operations.
Scanmachines set new standards in subsea excavation, providing :
- The ability to work in strong currents due to unbeatable seabed stability.
- The ability to work in harsh weather, thanks to a high flexibility umbilical.
- Long-reach capability (11 metres), allowing for fewer relocations due to larger working area.
- The ability to turn 360 degrees, while the boom can also be turned approximately 90 degrees, giving increased flexibility in areas of dense infrastructure.
- Highly controlled operations through use of MOS (3D-monitoring system), which also allows for increased operation in low visibility conditions.
- Accurate results when combined with updated digital terrain models and structural 3D models.
- Sonar available (Coda Echoscope Real Time 3D sonar system)
- Limited ROV assistance.
- The ability to access confined spaces safely.
- Easy launch and recovery using a vessel’s on-board crane.
- Many suitable quick-change tooling configurations for handling various types of seabed, rock dump, and debris – everything you could attach to a land-based excavator, but on the seafloor.
- Technical sheet